Changes! {Surprise}

So I have been posting several “changes” posts,

posts about changes TO our house, and the changes IN our house

adding a dog, a new daughter, etc.

And now I am making some other changes as well….

like curriculum for homeschooling next year,

(going for a more geared to their learning style approach)

and going back to my old non-smart phone cell to simplify my life and save a little dough,

like getting some sweet “mothers” in my church to help this young woman learn to get efficient around this house with all these “chillens,”

but I think I will have to share this most PROMINENT change news first!

In reference to this post some time back when I first mentioned some things we were praying about.

We have decided to yield to being completely CRAZY and follow God’s plan again. Step out of the boat and go when He says “GO.”

Which means we are pursuing our second adoption.

I will share all the details about how God brought this all about

but for now,

I just want to tell you the basics.

We are going back to China to adopt a special focus child. (A child on the waiting list longer than 6 months.) China has a new program where you can now use a photo copy of your dossier if you are matched and have an LOI (I think) with a special focus child within a year of your last Gotcha Day.

With these changes and the tugs we began to sense in our hearts, we knew we could not pass up this opportunity to bring home another child.

The BIG surprise is….

these LoKEYS

are bringing home

a little BOY!!!!!!!

Meet Judah Christopher Lokey.

We are so excited and so are the girls!!!

What are we going to do with a little boy?!

He is 5 years old and is in Guangdong province with a foster family.

He was diagnosed with Level II Spina Bifida but, he can walk, run, jump and all his reflexes are normal. He is completely potty-trained and does not have to use a catheter.

And yes, we are adopting out of birth order….

save the shock….

I believe God knows what He is doing.

And as a wise person shared with me…

birth order – shmirth order! :)

I like it.

Before I get to bed I want to give a little blog love to some of these awesome moms that have been a help to me with this second journey so forgive me for sounding like an academy award winner.

Although, I did straight up practice these in front of the mirror as a young drama student!

I would like to give a shout out of thanks to Colleen and Angela for answering my email questions about this issue and for their support.

I know you ladies are busy but it means alot that you took the time to answer my questions.

And especially, a thank you to my new God-ordained friend Emily who has answered my questions, phone calls, emails and just listened to me rant even though she is a busy mother of five herself.

God brought you in my life for such a time as this and I am so thankful. Not to mention the fact that I also have the privilege of you handling our adoption this go around. Thanks for being my friend.

I hope you can rejoice with us and pray for us!

We are proud and excited!!

PS- Sorry not proofreading for mistakes. Too tired and excited. Love them. 😉

16 Responses to Changes! {Surprise}

1. Tammy says:

WOOOOHOOOO!!!! Congratulations on this wonderful, exciting news! I’m so happy for your family and can’t wait to “meet” your little guy!!

2. So very happy for you guys! Can’t wait to met your Lil’ Man!

3. Nikki says:

Yay! I’m SO EXCITED for your family. Mr. Judah is going to be spoiled by all of his sisters. And you just wait, that boy will have you wrapped around his finger.

4. Lindsay says:

How exciting! Congratulations, he’s precious. That’s the best way to do it…to trust God. Oh, and boys are SO sweet and SO much fun.

5. Anonymous says:

You are so truly blessed and have such a big heart both of you Lokeys!! I pray blessings and peace over this new adventure and know that there is going to one lil’ blessed boy!! Congrats! Love deedee manville

6. Emily Gibbs says:

<3 I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it since talking to you last night. We are all so excited and happy! Wish you could have heard Robbie say…”I’m going to like him!”

7. Kendall says:

SO SO SO EXCITED! But I think Eli might be the most excited of the Sanders…finally someone to help him handle all these girls!

8. annie says:

Whao!!! A little boy!! Another little one with a forever family… So excited,so happy,wish we could be with you this go around!!Please keep us posted..God Bless you…

9. Rachel says:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How exciting!

10. Diane says:

So thrilled for you guys!!! Even more thrilled for little Judah Christopher!Keep us posted!!!

11. Anna and Shaun, My heart is filled with love and emotion for you and your family. What an awesome job you’re doing of ‘walking the walk’ ! know your family will be so blessed by the addition of Judah! Love you all, CeCe

12. 5ennie says:

Anna, what wonderful news!!!!! Judah is precious! Praying for a smooth adoption journey.

13. Angela says:

So happy for you! What a sweet boy! Wishing you a speedy process!!

14. Anonymous says:

Anna and Shaun – oh my gosh, so, so, SOOO excited for your family! And a boy! I always thought Sean wanted four girls, but I suppose it will be good for him to have some more testosterone around the house. :-) Judah is adorable and I am so happy for your family.

We are actually in the process of paperchasing for a sibling for Zac. We hope to be DTC to China by the end of the year and hopefully traveling next summer sometime. I’m so glad there are others in our travel group who are undertaking the crazy journey called adoption again as well!

All the best to you all!

Katie S-G

15. Tammy says:

So evident you guys are right in the center of God’s will – the joy of the Lord is so clearly your strength, and you are overflowing with it. God bless your “chillens” everyone.

16. Sandra a.k.a. Nina says:

You know how I feel about little boys and I know this is God’s plan for ya’ll and for Judah. Caleb said this morning, “I can play with him,” We were worried he was going to be the only grandson among this harem of princesses. Our family is so blessed. Praying for everything to come together so he can be here soon. We are thankful for all your friends, too and how you are supported while away from “home”. Love to all.

Nina & Pop-Pop